Over the past decade, we have worked with a wide variety of firms involved in the energy business, ranging from oil and gas companies and pipelines to refineries and chemical firms. Below is a listing of the common elements, along with some sample projects.
Our focus is to help people get unstuck, spark fresh thinking and generate game-changing ideas. Our expertise includes: Change Engagement, Communication, BrainStorming, Innovation, Creative Problem-Solving, Process Improvement, Leadership and Strategy. Projects usually include a mix of facilitation, consulting, and coaching within a collaborative framework.
Common Elements of Energy Projects
- High-Stakes issue, problem, &/or opportunity ($1 Million – $100+ Million)
- Working with a team of talented and diverse senior executives and professionals
- Some level of urgency to accomplish goals, make progress, and get results
- High degree of complexity requiring fresh perspective and keen insight
- Openness and desire for breakthrough ideas leading to tangible results
- Focus on improving processes, developing systems, enhancing communication
- Led executive team brainstorming retreat focused on totally revolutionizing $800 Million drilling ops.
- Facilitated diverse group of 20-something team members focused on retaining Gen-X/Y employees
- Facilitated group of field supervisors/rig experts to develop guidelines for Air Drilling process
- Facilitated brainstorming event to improve equipment & usage of new Shale Gas Separators
- Facilitated 18-person cross-functional task force to re-design the entire Well Readiness process
- Developed meeting guidelines to dramatically improve effectiveness of team meetings
- Planned division-wide communication event to share task force results with all team members
- Designed/led brainstorming session with safety team focused on reducing pipeline-related accidents
- Planned/facilitated brainstorming process to fill up new product pipeline for oil refinery
- Developed strategic planning process with executive team for USA’s oldest refinery
- Coached senior executive on setting up newly-formed Quality Assurance department
- Designed customer satisfaction survey for operations unit to gauge awareness and performance
- Worked with cross-department team to re-design websites for 7 different departments
- Designed business unit-wide plan to enhance communication within company
- Collaborated with senior leaders to gather, review, and prioritize all division projects